Connecting ECoS Cab to your model railroad is very easy. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be ready to run trains in no time.
- Connect your command station* by ethernet to a wireless access point. This could well be the same access point you use for your household.
- Connect your device to your wireless access point.
- Launch ECoS Cab and add a new profile.
- Type in your command station’s IP address at the Profile settings page and save.
- You’re ready to go.
* Supported command stations:
- ECoS 3 (art. 50210) from ESU
- ECoS 2 (art. 50200) from ESU
- CabControl (art. 50310) from ESU
- ECoS (art. 50000) from ESU (not fully tested)
- SmartBox from PIKO (not fully tested)
To use the application in remote connection mode (i.e. to control ECoS via internet) you have to:
- turn on the "Use remote connection" option in the Profile settings
- specify Address as the DDNS address of your router
- enable port forwarding in your router
- specify your router port forwarded to your ECoS port 15471 (used by default)
- specify your router port forwarded to your ECoS port 80 for access to ECoS's built-in web-server